Call for Project Assistant Position
The Budapest Centre for Mass Atrocities Prevention strives for the prevention of extreme crimes against vulnerable groups. It engages in peace building through education and institutional capacity development; fosters intercommunal dialogue, addresses to reduce sources of radicalization, extremism, and hate speech, with a focus on protecting vulnerable communities.
The Budapest Centre is looking for a project assistant to assist in the implementation of its ongoing project “Words are Stones”, funded by the European Commission. The project to be completed in partnership with organizations across several European countries in October 2019 aims at combating online hate speech based upon racism and discrimination.
For additional information on the project, click here.
You can download the Hungarian version of the Call for application here.
- M.A. in a relevant subject (or working towards);
- Working knowledge of Hungarian and English;
- Hungarian residency;
- Computer literacy;
- Interest in human rights, radicalization and genocide and mass atrocities prevention issues;
- Competence in the basic knowledge of International and Regional Organizations.
- Experience in working with social media would be an asset
- Administrative support for the project;
- Development, organization and implementation of project-related events
- Managing the social media activity of the project, including writing and sharing relevant posts on corresponding social media accounts
- Recruiting participants for trainings and other project-related events, including the Youth Media Campaign
- Contacting social media influencers to get involved in the project
- Identifying and contacting participants for interview arranged in cooperation with project researcher
- Contacting Hungarian and international media outlets regarding potential publications
Part-time contract until 1 November 2019;
Mixture of office and home-based working.
Candidates are requested to submit their resume and a cover letter.
If the CV suits the requirements of the Budapest Centre, applicants will be asked to submit 2 reference letters before the first interview.
Apply by August 25, 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.